Tuesday, September 30, 2008

In Hawaii ****



“In Hawaii there’s a place known as Waimea Bay, where the best surfers in the world come to stay. And ride the wild surf, they come to try to conquer those waves some thrity feet high” (Ride the Wild Surf by Jan and Dean)

Well, Waimea Bay is just a hop, skip and jump from where I am, but here I am in the land of splendid sunsets, so I decided to see one tonight. Where should I go to see a Hawaiian sunset? Not Waimea Bay, but Hawaii’s Sunset Beach, naturally. So after dinner I drove over to Sunset Beach … my condo is about 3 miles from there. When I got to Sunset Beach, I found me a good place to sit and watch the sunset. The sky was partly cloudy, so I figured it would be spectacular! There would be shards of sunlight streaming from the sun and clouds right up until the sun sizzles as it dips into the ocean. The sun would set in about an hour – but the clouds kept rolling in … an in … and in! Then there was no sun and the rain began. So I set the calendar on my watch to remind me to try it again tomorrow. But I did get some good photos of Sunset Beach. Enjoy.

0 Read My Post: